This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Travel Vaccinations

External Sources for Travel Advice:

  1. Fit For Travel
  2. Nathnac
  3. General Advice from the FCO

Valentine Health Partnership - Travel Health Service

Are you going on holiday?

Ideally 6 weeks before you travel you will need to do the following: 

  • Travel Risk Assesment Form  for each person in your family who is travelling. This is available from reception or you can download it from our website. 
  • Complete the form and return the form to reception where a nurse will review your travel needs from the information supplied by your form. It is very important that you complete the form fully and accurately and that a form is completed for each family member travelling. 
  • Please ensure that you call the reception 3 working days later to find out if you need an appointment for vaccines or other travel advice.

There is a charge for some vaccines and a payment must be made before an appointment or prescription issued (payment can be made by cash at the reception). 

The following charges apply: 

  • Meningitis ACWY Certificate - £15
  • Malaria prevention medication prescription - £10 

Not all vaccines are provided by the NHS and therefore you may be advised to seek these from a private clinic. 

We recommend that you look at the above websites before you attend your appointment or  

Some local pharmacies now also provide travel services-please check with your local pharmacy if they provide this service. 

There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below: 

Europe Europe & Russia North America North America
Central America Central America South America South America
Caribbean Caribbean Africa Africa
Middle East Middle East Central Asia Central Asia
East Asia East Asia Australasia Australasia and Pacific

Travelling in Europe

If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website