External Sources for Travel Advice:
- Fit For Travel
- General Advice from the FCO
Valentine Health Partnership - Travel Health Service
Are you going on holiday?
Ideally 6 weeks before you travel you will need to do the following:
- Complete a travel risk assessment form for each person in your family who is travelling. This is available from reception or you can download it from our website.
- Complete the form and return the form to reception where a nurse will review your travel needs from the information supplied by your form. It is very important that you complete the form fully and accurately and that a form is completed for each family member travelling.
- Please ensure that you call the reception 3 working days later to find out if you need an appointment for vaccines or other travel advice.
There is a charge for some vaccines and a payment must be made before an appointment or prescription issued (payment can be made by cash at the reception).
The following charges apply:
- Meningitis ACWY Certificate - £15
- Malaria prevention medication prescription - £10
Not all vaccines are provided by the NHS and therefore you may be advised to seek these from a private clinic.
We recommend that you look at the above websites before you attend your appointment www.nathnac.org or www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
Some local pharmacies now also provide travel services-please check with your local pharmacy if they provide this service.
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below:
Travelling in Europe
If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.