Clinics & Services
We offer a wide range of primary care services. These include:
- Chronic Disease Management including Diabetes, Asthma, chronic pain and COPD clinics
- Childhood Immunisations
- Family Planning, Contraceptive Services and Sexual Health
- Maternity Support Services (see below)
- Sexual Health
- Support for Patients with Long Term Conditions including Mental Health, Learning Disabled and those who are house bound
- Smoking Cessation Advice clinics
- Alcohol Support Clinic
- Terminal illness support and Palliative Care
Maternity & Midwifery
Did you know you can refer yourself for an appointment with one of the local midwives without speaking to your GP first?
You can self-refer by calling the local midwife hotline on 07787 841 986.
Midwives run antenatal clinics in Children’s Centres and GP practices close to where you live, and are often the first point of contact for pregnant women. It is important you contact your midwife a soon as possible in pregnancy so that they can plan your ongoing care with you. Your community midwife will provide all aspects of maternity care provided your pregnancy is straight forward. If problems are identified your community midwife will refer you to the hospital team but will continue to offer you advice and support as part of your care plan.
Depending on your individual needs, your care will be based either in children’s centres or GP surgeries where Midwives have a clinic, or at one of the local Antenatal Clinics in Hospital.
For further details on Local services Please Click here